Things to Know
Please click on each question to expand the answers below.
The price of each course or camp includes a non-refundable MTYP registration fee: $20 for courses 8 weeks or longer; $30 for courses 20 weeks or more.
Classes will NOT be conducted on the following days between September 15, 2022 and June 30, 2023:
- Friday, September 30, 2022 National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Tuesday, October 4, 2022 Yom Kippur
- Friday, October 7 to Monday, October 10, 2022 (inclusive) Thanksgiving
- Monday, October 31, 2022 Halloween
- Friday, November 11, 2022 Remembrance Day
- December 18, 2022 to January 9, 2023 (inclusive) Winter Break
- Friday, February 17 to Monday, February 20, 2023 (inclusive) Louis Riel Weekend
- Monday, March 27 to Friday, March 31, 2023 (inclusive) School Break. Regular classes cancelled (NOTE: Spring Break Theatre Camps will run during this time)
- Monday, April 5 to Monday, April 15, 2023 (inclusive) Easter and Passover
(NOTE: Musical Theatre Company will rehearse on select days during this time)
- Saturday, May 20 to Monday, May 22, 2023 (inclusive) Victoria Day Weekend
Thanks to our friends Forks North Portage (FNP) Corporation, three hours of free parking is provided when you bring your child to a class at MTYP. Simply give your license plate number to a member of our Customer Service Team and we’ll enter it into the online parking system.
We’re thrilled to offer all School students a discount on tickets to our season Mainstage shows! For every child you have registered in a 2022/23 School course, you receive 4 tickets for $44!
To access your discount or to learn more, call our Box Office at 204.942.8898.
Financial assistance is offered for ALL of our programming – including our Spring Break Camps and Summer Camps. To learn more about financial assistance, visit our financial assistance page.
We are able to offer full refunds for voluntary withdrawal before the third week of the course (not including the non-refundable registration fee). At present, all courses are in-person at MTYP.
Students taking more than one class get a double benefit: a broader range of skills and a discount on course fees. Take more than one class in the same session and get $25 off each additional class.
We maintain firm enrolment limits. Class sizes range can range from 8-16 students, depending on the age of the students and the type of program. Students must be in the published age range by the mid-point of the course. For example, if the course is Improv for Ages 13-15 starting in September and ending in March (20-week course) and your child is 12 at the start of the course, they must be turning 13-years-old before January to enrol.
The following outlines the protocols in place during on-site programming (as of September 6, 2022).
- Our staff, instructors, TAs and volunteers working onsite at our facility, and/or any other venue we may designate as an MTYP workplace, are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- All are welcomed and supported in their choice to wear a protective mask while at MTYP.
- In case you forget your mask or require a fresh one, free disposable masks are available at MTYP.
- Hand soap is readily available in our washroom facilities and hand sanitizer dispensers are installed throughout our building.
- All are encouraged to sanitize hands upon entry to MTYP.
- Frequently-touched surfaces in our studios and shared spaces are sanitized frequently.
- If you have symptoms of cold, flu or COVID-19, please stay home until you are symptom-free for 24 hours.
Changes to the above may occur, should Provincial Health Orders governing MTYP’s areas of activities be enacted. MTYP retains the right to impose requirements, policies, or practices that may be in excess of the minimum requirements stated by the Provincial Health Orders should our internal assessment warrant.
Should Provincial Health Orders be announced that require us to cease offering in-person activities, programs will shift to online offerings.
We’re happy to answer any questions you have! You can call our Theatre School at 204.947.0394 ext. 230 or send us an email at [email protected].