Relaxed performances or sensory friendly performances are designed to make shows more welcoming to audience members who may benefit from a less formal theatre setting. This includes people on the autism spectrum, folks with learning disorders and sensory concerns, and first-time theatregoers. But of course, all are welcome!
There are three relaxed performances in MTYP’s 2023/24 season. Click below to buy a ticket to the relaxed performance of your choice.
- Snow White on Saturday, October 14 @ 4 p.m.
- Narnia on Sunday, December 17 @ 12 p.m.
- The Pa’akai We Bring on Sunday, April 28 @ 1 p.m.
Click the icons below to learn more about the plays that feature relaxed performances!
Relaxed Performance Modifications
- House lights will be at a low level at the beginning and throughout the show to allow patrons to exit and enter comfortably
- Sound levels will be altered to account for sensory sensitivities
- The Quiet Room (located up the stairs at the back of the theatre) will be available to take a break if needed during the show
Social Stories are visual stories that explain what you can expect when you come to the theatre. Social Stories for each show will become available the closer we get to the opening performances!
Here is the Social Story for Narnia: