The Velveteen Rabbit
By Margery Williams
Adapted by Purni Morell
Connections: Children’s Literature, Growing up, Identity
A heart-warming story about a very shy toy rabbit who longs for nothing more than to become real. Rabbit spends the days waiting patiently on the nursery floor, watching the child play with other toys and dreaming of being picked up and loved. Then, one day, Rabbit is rediscovered and all those hopes start to come true…
“Utterly gripping…” – Georgia Straight
To book a performance please contact Jessica McGlynn, School Sales Coordinator at: 204-954-1704, [email protected]
Recommended for Grades PS to 3
approximate running time: 65 minutes plus a 10-minute intermission
- Thursday, October 13 @ 9:45 a.m.
- Thursday, October 13 @ 12:45 p.m.
- Friday, October 14 @ 9:45 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 18 @ 9:45 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 18 @ 12:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 19 @ 9:45 a.m.
- Wednesday, October 19 @ 12:45 p.m.
- Thursday, October 20 @ 9:45 a.m.
- Thursday, October 20 @ 12:45 p.m.
- Friday, October 21 @ 9:45 a.m.
Every student deserves the opportunity to visit unique places of learning, but not all can afford it.
MTYP is proud to be a partner organization with Daytrippers Children’s Charity that enables experiential learning opportunities by providing funding to students in low-income and remote communities. Eligible schools serving grades K – 8 may apply directly to Daytrippers for funding in support of activities with MTYP. For more information on eligibility and how to easily apply, visit their website by clicking here: