You Come to Us

MTYP is committed to accessibility and inclusion for all young people regardless of their geographical location or their socio-economic status. We believe that live theatre develops healthy, creative, lively children. We offer creative content to schools in order to augment your curriculum and offer new ways to enhance your students’ learning.

Did you know? MTYP offers free downloadable study guides available at least two weeks before the first performance for most of our shows! You may prepare your group for their live theatre experience on our MTYP Study Guide page.

Flip through our 2018-19 Season Brochure for Educators or click on a play for more information

Comet in Moominland

Comet in Moominland

October 10 – 27
Kindergarten – Grade 4

Still/Falling

Still/
Falling

October 31 – November 7
Grades 7– 12

The House at Pooh Corner

The House at Pooh Corner

November 29 – December 30
Nursery – Grade 4

Torn Through Time

Torn Through Time

January 24 – February 2
Kindergarten – Grade 6

What if Romeo & Juliet…

What If Romeo and Juliet…

February 12 – 24
Grades 4 – 12

The Polar Bears Go Up!

The Polar Bears Go Up!

March 13 – 24
Nursery – Grade 2

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

April 24 – May 5
Grades 7 – 12

Booking is easy!

Receive 1 FREE supervisor ticket for every 20 student tickets purchased.

Click here to book your tickets! (hyperlink to a guided booking form)

For more information about MTYP Mainstage School performances, check out our FAQ below or contact Casey Shapira, Mainstage School Sales Coordinator at 204.954.1704 or email cshapira@mtyp.ca

FAQ

QUESTIONS ABOUT ATTENDING THE PERFORMANCE

A: A week or two before your performance date, MTYP will email you a voucher including the specifics of their show (time, date, name of show), how to access the study guide, information on theatre etiquette, and any specific play related notices. An email reminder will also be sent the day before your performance.

A: Bus parking is available at The City of Winnipeg Parking lot located at the northwest corner of Israel Asper Way and York Avenue. Please contact Winnipeg Parking Authority at 311, or outside Winnipeg at 877.311.4974.

Buses parked south of York on any of The Forks properties could be subject to being ticketed or towed.

A: MTYP believes in the importance of telling stories that are age and development appropriate, which is why we recommend specific ages for all of our shows. However, if a parent has to bring a child under two to MTYP, we invite them free of charge as long as they are accompanied by an adult. Please let us know in advance, so that we can secure aisle seats for them so they can access our quiet room where parents can continue to enjoy the performance if their child becomes upset or disruptive.

A: Students can see and hear the play in a soundproof and separated environment without distracting the audience. Please ask an usher at any time if you would like to use this room.

QUESTIONS ABOUT MY ORDER

A: Please contact Casey Shapira, Mainstage School Sales Coordinator, at cshapira@mtyp.ca or call 204.954.1704.

A: Once your order form is processed, an invoice will be sent to you via email. Please check the information on your invoice (date & time, number of tickets, etc.) and ensure it is correct.

A: For all performances at MTYP, we will ask you for your best projected numbers. Since we may not be able to accommodate additional students after your order has been placed, we strongly recommend that you book more tickets now and reduce your numbers later.

Final changes to your booking numbers must be submitted no later than one month before your performance date. If you require additional seats closer to the performance date, please let us know as soon as possible so we can try and accommodate you.

A: Tax is calculated individually on each ticket, not on the order as a whole.

A: Your order is calculated by taking the full ticket price and applying tax. The subsidy amount (calculated per ticket) is then subtracted from that total (if applicable).

E.g. $7.62 + GST = $8 minus $1 subsidy = $7 (per ticket).

QUESTIONS ABOUT PAYMENT

A: If you have booked before September 18th, 75% of your payment is due on September 29th. For bookings made after September 18th, 75% of your payment is due two weeks after your invoice is sent to you. The remaining 25% is due two weeks before the performance date.

For LRSD and Seven Oaks Schools: We bill your accounting department for the full amount and they will take care of the payment.

A: Absolutely. If it is more convenient for your school, full payment can be made instead of partial payments.

A: We accept payment by cheque, money order, cash, debit, Visa, or MasterCard. Please do not send cash in the mail. Some school divisions pay by direct deposit.

For LRSD and Seven Oaks Schools: Please forward your invoices to the divisional accounting office for payment and the division will provide a Purchase Order for your booking.

A: We understand that no one can predict absence due to illness, etc. Unfortunately, while we can’t issue refunds for students who are unable to attend, we do offer absent student vouchers for those missing students. If you have booked more tickets than you need, we can give you vouchers for the unused tickets. They are worth the price of the tickets you paid ($8.00) and can be exchanged for tickets to public performances (evenings, weekends, holiday performances) of the same play at MTYP. The person attending would just pay the difference in price, as public performance tickets are more expensive.

QUESTIONS ABOUT MTYP’s CANCELLATION POLICY

A: If the booking is cancelled more than 30 days before the performance date, you will receive a full refund, less the initial 10% non-refundable deposit. If cancellation occurs less than 30 days before the performance, we will retain 75% of the total order amount. If it’s within 14 days of the performance, no refund will be offered.

A: If a performance is cancelled or you are unable to attend due to circumstances beyond the control of either party, the theatre will retain a 10% administration fee, and the remaining 90% will be credited to another performance or returned to the booking party.

Volunteer
Volunteer
Have Your Event Here
Have Your Event Here
awadra
media-cetrer