Relaxed performances or sensory friendly performances are designed to make shows more welcoming to audience members who may experience challenges in a regular theatre setting. This includes people with autism spectrum disorder, learning disorders, sensory concerns, and first-time theatregoers. But of course, all are welcome!
MTYP will be offering three relaxed performances during our upcoming season
Comet in Moominland
Friday, October 19, 7pm
House at Pooh Corner
Wednesday, December 26, 1pm
Torn Through Time
Saturday, February 2, 1pm
Relaxed Performance Modifications
- The performance will have simple modifications to accommodate a variety of audiences.
- Before the performance starts and throughout, the house lights will be lit at a low level.
- Sound levels throughout the show will remain consistently soft.
- There will be a room upstairs (studio 1) and downstairs (studio 3) available to take a break if need be during the show.
- The Quiet Room will be available. (The Quiet Room is a sound-proof room at the back of the theatre where you can see and hear the show from.)