It’s Okay to Be Different
January 24 – February 2
Combining innovative puppetry with playful original music, Todd Parr’s It’s Okay to Be Different will take your children down the road to self-confidence and acceptance. The Earth Book is a sweet homage to our beautiful planet. This is My Hair is a funny exploration of how silly hair can be and a reminder to always feel good about yourself.
From the company that brought you Good Night Moon and The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia’s unique adaptations of children’s classics have enchanted audiences of more than six million on four continents.
Recommended for Nursery to Grade 3
approximate running time: 50 minutes including a 10 minute Q&A
- Tuesday, January 24 @ 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 24 @ 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 25 @ 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 25 @ 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 26 @ 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, January 26 @ 1:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 27 @ 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, January 27 @ 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 31 @ 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 31 @ 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 1 @ 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, February 1 @ 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 2 @ 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, February 2 @ 1:00 p.m.
Every student deserves the opportunity to visit unique places of learning, but not all can afford it.
MTYP is proud to be a partner organization with Daytrippers Children’s Charity that enables experiential learning opportunities by providing funding to students in low-income and remote communities. Eligible schools serving grades K – 8 may apply directly to Daytrippers for funding in support of activities with MTYP. For more information on eligibility and how to easily apply, visit their website by clicking here: